Sunday, February 21, 2010
Serves : 4
3 medium size tomatoes
3 medium size onion
Finely chopped ginger
Finely chopped garlic
2 green chillis
5 tablespoon milk
Few cashewnuts (Keep it overnight in water and make a paste)
2 green cardamoms
1 piece broken cinnamon
1 tablespoon (each) cumin seeds, dhaniya powder, turmeric powder
Red chilli powder to taste
1/2 spoon sugar
4 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
Corriander leaves for garnishing
1) Roast cumin seeds, dhaniya powder, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon
2) Grind onion, green chilli, ginger and garlic to make a paste
3) Grind tomatoes to make a paste
4) Cut the cauliflower into each seperate florets along with the stem and boil it in water with some salt for about 7-8 mins
5) Remove the water from the cauliflower and wipe dry. Now take some oil in a pan and deep fry the florets till golden brown. Keep it seperate and prepare the gravy as below
6) Take some oil in a pan and put in the roasted spices. After 2 mins, add the onion paste in it and saute it for sometime.
7) Now add the tomato puree. Add turmeric powder, salt and red chilli powder. Mix well and fry for sometime till the oil and the gravy seperates.
8) Add the milk ,cream, cashewnut paste and sugar.
9) Reduce the flame and keep stirring it till you get a thick rich gravy
10) Now place the florets in the gravy so that the flower is touching the pan and the stem is up. Stuff in the gravy inside the florets and cover the pan for sometime.
Your dish is now ready
Garnish with fresh cream and corriander leaves.
Do try and let me know how it tasted :)